Thursday, June 18, 2009

Submit your own meter readings

HydroOne, my electric utility, offers a secure site where customers can view their account history, make account changes and the like, and submit their meter readings.

Now I've submitted my meter readings before for each utility, but never actually saw them used on an invoice, even in a month when there is no actual read by the utility, and instead only an estimated meter reading. While searching for something else for work, I stumbled across a schedule explaining when a customer needs to submit thier meter reading in order for it to be used on the next invoice.

I'm going to start doing this each month at the appointed time, and see if it actually gets used on a future invoice. According to the secure website, the next actual meter reading for my home is scheduled in October. So there should be a few months where my reading might actually be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment