Monday, June 18, 2012

Are door knocker contracts worthwhile? NO!

Here's an update on the latest status of fixed rate contracts.  The Global Adjustment wasn't as high in the last 30 days as back in April or May as from my previous post.  Now, based on my own consumption patterns, I would have to find a fixed rate contract of 2.3 cents or less to make it worth my while.  A quick look at http://www.energyshop.com indicates the best rate available to me is 3.24 cents per kWh.

Remember, ask those door knockers about the Global Adjustment and watch them get aggressive with you!  Also ask yourself, what worthwhile good-value product or service can only be bought door-to-door?  Vacuums?  I can't think of any, either.  Let me know if you do in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. If you're able to find a fixed contract rate only 1 cent more than your current rate for a 3 or 5 year term, in my opinion you SHOULD sign up for it. You're saying that based on your CURRENT rate you would not be saving money, but this rate is FIXED for the contract term. I don't know about you but I've never seen my rates go down. I keep getting pamphlets regularly with my energy bill saying it's going up. Plus the Ontario government made an announcement that rates WILL go up to help pay for increased investments in green energy, AND GAVE GUIDELINES OF HOW MUCH IT WOULD INCREASE. I don't think you've done enough research yet.

    ReplyDelete